Friday, May 31, 2013

Me Made May: Wrapping Up Weeks 3 and 4

I have been doing amazing at Me Made May, I promise! You know what I haven't been amazing at? Pictures. But I swear I've been wearing and restyling my clothes! I mean, the restyling is having some issues... One day I buttoned my cardigan instead of leaving it open. That counts, right?

I was also planning on mending 2 items from my stack of items needing mending, but my sewing machine was out of commission for so long so I scrapped it, thinking I wouldn't be able to get to it. But I did! I don't have photographs, but I mended a seam in my yoga pants, I hemmed my Mad Men dress (if you recall, my machine broke as a I was finishing the hem), and I'm refashioning my Pushing Daisies dress (gasp, shock!) to wear during the summer.

I would say, as much as I didn't want to do MMM at all, it was a wild success. It was definitely a challenge. It broke me out of my style rut somewhat and gave me a kick in the pants to get on with my mending. Hopefully I keep the initiative and continue it!


Anyway, for something somewhat different, here's my 20s dress again. This time instead of a structured green jacket, I wore a purple cardigan. Completely changes the look, even though my jewelry choice stayed the same. Maybe I need a challenge to change up my jewelry?

And then we have the red vintage dress! I haven't really worn it since I made it because it's a bit fancy. The bf and I had a date though, so I figured now was my chance. As I didn't want to take the effort to take off my sandals, I decided to make it a casual look and wear the purple cardigan with it as well.

I think it makes a nice casual look, though I have been thinking of taking out the ties. Since the ties are very casual and the fabric is very formal, I feel like this dress has a bit of an identity crisis. It would be perfect to wear to a formal event outside when it's not quite summer, but when does that ever happen? Plus, I can't really wear a cardigan with it because of the bows/knots - from the side it looked like I had a massive tumor.

Anyway, more relevant to the picture: this is what my photos look like when I'm tired and exhausted and stuffed from eating too much fondue and I just want to change into something that isn't formfitting and WHY HAVEN'T YOU TAKEN THE PICTURE YET??

Note: Always photograph before you leave the house.


In case you couldn't tell, I went picnicking over the holiday last weekend and, yes, that IS a bunny in the stroller.

This girl had 3 other friends with her. They pushed Carrot around in his stroller and also built her a house of sticks and leaves. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen.

Did you enjoy MMM? I can't wait for next year! (Also I tried for a good 10 minutes to come up with something clever for June so I could extend my sewing vivacity, but all I got was Just Judging June and that sounds terrible.)

1 comment:

  1. Bunny! Too cute! The park looks perfect in your 20s picture...so green and lush!

    ReplyDelete